A big thing that throws people off is never knowing where to start. Like I talked about in my previous blog post, after quitting dance I knew I needed to find a new way to stay active, but I also needed to find ways to eat healthier, and better my mental health. It was hard to start, but once I started finding workouts I liked, healthier foods I liked, and ways to make me happier, it became easy for me. When people live fast-paced lives and are always on the go, it can be hard to eat healthy because most of the time when looking for something fast, that typically ends up being unhealthy snacks or fast food. It’s important that if you are looking to eat healthier that you are mindful about what kind of snacks you are eating/grabbing throughout the day. A lot of times it may be easier to grab something like chips and leave, but I have a few healthier snack options to make or get. I personally like eating mixed nuts because not only are nuts full of healthy fats, protein, and fiber, but they also can be very filling. Another easier snack option is cutting up an apple and pairing that with some peanut butter. Just like nuts, peanut butter is filled with healthier fats and fiber, and apples are also filled with fiber. I love eating apples and peanut butter as a snack and usually fills me up. For those that love chips and something crunchy, a great alternative could be kale chips. Kale is loaded with fiber and antioxidants and it’s super easy to make in the oven by pairing it with some olive oil and salt. Making healthier snacks can sound harder and like a lot more work, but it can be super easy and fun trying to find new different snacks to make. 

7 thoughts on “Healthier Snacks On The Go”

1. Hi Samantha,
    I enjoyed reading your blog post. I think it is pretty interesting finding new healthy snacks. I also like mixed nuts as they are very filling. I have tried kale before but was not a fan, I might try it again, however. I think it’s really cool that there are many different healthy snacks.

2. Like you mentioned living a fast paced lifestyle it is hard to find quick snacks or food that taste good, so most of the time I just pick up a bag of chips because of how quick it is. It is hard sticking to eating healthier because of it, but I think I will try kale chips and nuts like you mentioned. After quitting dance what did you find to stay active?

3. Hello! I enjoyed reading this post. I really need to look into eating more healthy snacks, because lately I have been eating that well. I will have to try kale chips soon. They sound interesting and I have never tried them before.

4. This is great! As a college student who is constantly on the go and doesn’t want to pay an arm and leg for a simple protein bar at some of the campus options, these are all very doable snacks to pack before my day. I love you mentioned simple substitutes such as kale chips. Crunch foods are my kryptonite so I will definitely try giving this a shot now!

5. This post definitely made me hungry! I’m definitely guilty of eating unhealthy snacks when I’m in a rush, due to convenience. But one of my goals this year is to eat healthier, so hopefully this blog will give me some ideas. I’ve never made kale chips before, but they sound good! Do you have any recommendations for healthy snacks from places on campus?

6. Hey, this is a good blog! I really need to start eating more healthy food, especially more fruits, so this blog might be a good one to look at for more blogs. I have eaten apple slices with peanut butter before actually, but I need to do it more frequently. Looking forward to more of these blogs!

7. Thank you for sharing! I am always finding myself in a bind and struggling to choose a healthier snack if I need to. I love mixed nuts, and need to remember to get those from the grocery store more often! I am someone who needs to think about these snacks while at the grocery store as well, so I am more prepared.