Easy ways to get moving in the cold weather!
We’ve all experienced that feeling after getting home from a long day of work. After working all day, the couch looks very appealing to kick back and relax on for the remainder of the night. The last thing on most people’s mind is using that remaining energy to do any sort of exercise, especially after making dinner, doing homework, chores around the house and everything else that works its way into your busy life. All of that busy work alone feels like exercise enough. It’s hard enough to find the motivation sometimes to exercise, but it’s even harder in the colder months. It’s more difficult to get outside and do the things you enjoy when it’s cold, plus you have to worry about bundling up to stay warm. However, getting some physical activity in has never been as easy and convenient as it is today, by just exercising at home!
Exercising in the comfort of your own home is easy, plus you don’t have to leave your house and confront the crowded gym. There are so many resources available out there for you to get exercise in at your own home. Exercising at home is not only convenient, but also allows you to build confidence. Some people may be insecure about exercising at a gym, so working out at home is a great way to better yourself and make progress in the comfort of your own home, without fear of judgement. Here are a few helpful, easy ways to get some exercise in at home:
There are a wide variety of exercise videos available for free online. The best places to find some great free video resources are YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest or even streaming services such as Netflix, Hulu, or Sling. Here you can find thousands of different types of exercise videos to follow along with whether it be yoga, strength training, HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training), Zumba, core workouts, cardio, etc. Whatever you have in mind or would like the target, it can most likely be found online. The great advantage to using online exercise videos is they are short, sweet and to the point, not to mention free. Exercise videos are an easy way to get a good workout in without it consuming your time.
Make Your Own Gym at Home
Another great way to make it convenient and easy to get some exercise in, is to make your own gym at home. Although it is a bit more expensive, buying some exercise equipment such as dumbbells, resistance bands, yoga mats, medicine balls or anything else you like to exercise with, can make a little fitness center in your own home. Having these resources available to you makes for an easily accessible way to exercise and a more versatile workout selection.
Getting in your dose of physical activity isn’t as hard as it seems. Although being outside isn’t in your home, it is still an easy way to get active around your home. There are all sorts of ways to be active outside, especially during fall in Wisconsin. Fall is a great time to get outside and enjoy the fresh air before winter hits us hard. With all of the trails and parks available in the area, walking or biking is a great way to take advantage of those resources and see the beautiful fall colors. If you don’t like exercising alone, bringing along a friend, spouse, or even getting the kids involved is a great way to make exercising a bit more enjoyable while bonding with friends and family. Even doing yardwork is a great way to break a sweat. Work around the house needs to be done eventually anyways, so why not benefit from it and help your body along the way.
At home workouts have some great benefits. Not only is it easily accessible and a great way to get active, but it’s in the comfort of your own home!
- It’s easy! At home workouts are as easy as going to an open space in your home where there is plenty of room to move, choosing an exercise, and go.
- Budget friendly and convenient. Exercising at home saves you time and money as well and you have the freedom to exercise whenever is most convenient for you.
- Schedule friendly. Our schedules can be insane sometimes, so being able to exercise early in the morning before the sun is up or late at night after everyone is sleeping may be necessary, which is why being able to exercise at home rather than worrying about when a place closes is a great perk!
- No judgement or worrying. Sometimes working out at a gym can be intimidating. But exercising at your own home is a great way to boost your confidence, get a good workout in, and not worry about any judgment from others.
- You don’t have to go anywhere! Don’t worry about having to drive anywhere when you’re exercising in your own home.