Organization

Balancing Your Schedule

A large part of maintaining a balanced schedule involves an organized planner. However, there is much more to perfecting your daily schedule.

Something I recently started using to help me manage my time is a block schedule. You know, the one we used in high school? Applying this method to each day of the week not only keeps me on track, but it motivates me to get up and start my day.

I am definitely one who prefers getting work done in the morning, but not one who enjoys waking up early. Block scheduling my day has made such a difference on the time spent on school, work, and even creating more free time for myself. Let me break it down for you.

Using, FunCheapOrFree.com schedule, a blog that I have trusted for years, is how I have perfected a balanced schedule. The author of the blog, Jordan Page, provides her readers with a pre-made, free block schedule. How EASY?! Here is how she created the calendar:

Jordan created this printable block schedule to “not only help you get more done in a day WITHOUT burnout, helps with time management, but will magically free up HOURS of time for you to fill with things that fulfill you the most.” That is precisely what it does.

When I block out my day, there are several ways I complete my calendar. Here is an example of this week:

First, I section my day into hour chunks

After sectioning your day into hour blocks and assigning a title, it is now time to choose the tasks you will place in each block.

This is the beauty of it! You have the freedom to do whatever works best for you. I have set morning, class, breaks, prepare for the next day and a night block as my title sections.

TIP: you see where I wrote, “un-plug” or “plug-in”? this sets aside designated time for me to be on my phone. I know, as a college student, checking Tik Tok or social media can turn into hours. So, set aside time that you CAN be on your phone and not feel guilty.

I firmly believe that block scheduling is the sole reason for balancing my schedule. It keeps me organized, on track, focused, and motivated throughout my week.

Download your FREE block schedule calendar here!

2 Comments