Nov 20

Weekly Blog 11/20

To Satisfy Your Concert Cravings

There hasn’t been much happening in the realm of rock this week so this week’s blog is going to be a bit different. If you’re sitting at home wishing you could be out at a concert for your favorite band, you’re in luck because the next best thing is right at your fingertips. There are a ton of really good concerts recorded on YouTube, Spotify, etc. and I’m going to link some of my favorite full concerts I’ve seen.

First up on my list is Disturbed’s live show at Red Rocks Park and Amphitheater in Colorado. I like this concert, first, because I’m from Colorado and it’s nice for Colorado to get some representation. There were many classic songs played in this concert, such as “The Game,” “Stupify,” “Inside the Fire,” “Indestructible,” “Stricken,” and of course it wouldn’t be a Disturbed concert without “Down with the Sickness.” Listen to the entire album on Spotify below.

Next up is An Evening With Godsmack. This is a really cool concert because it’s all acoustic (or unplugged) and the band takes time to answer audience questions. This show features acoustic versions of “Trippin,” “Re-align,” “Spiral,” “Voodoo,” “Keep Away,” and more. There is a comment on the video that lists the time stamp for each song so you can easily skip to the song you want (though I would definitely watch the entire thing for your first time through). Watch An Evening With Godsmack below.

Last on my list is, of course, Linkin Park, as they are my favorite band. Linkin Park’s concert in Rock Am Ring Germany in 2004 was a spectacle and one of the greatest concerts I’ve seen. It features classic songs like “Points of Authority,” “Lying From You,” “Faint,” and “A Place for My Head” as well as the fan favorites “Numb,” “In The End,” and “Crawling.” It also includes a mashup of  “Step Up,” “Nobody’s Listening,” and “It’s Goin’ Down.” Near the end of the show is an incredible live cover of Nine Inch Nails’s song “Wish” (which has now become my favorite song to play on guitar). The set list is in the description of the video. Watch Linkin Park live at Rock Am Ring (2004) below.

No comments

No Comments