Oct 2

Weekly Blog 10/2

Linkin Park Release Demo Version of 2000’s hit ‘In The End’

Linkin Park’s debut album, Hybrid Theory, turns 20 years old this year on October 24 and to celebrate, they just released a demo version of “In the End” that was previously only available in very low quality on YouTube or to fans who bought the LP Underground 11 album. This demo version is very unlike the studio version, as Mike Shinoda’s verses are completely different this time around. According to a fan site, Mike Shinoda wrote this about the song on a booklet for LP Underground 11: “These were the original verse lyrics that I wrote for this song, and the original melody in the bridge. I remember putting this together in our rehearsal studio on Hollywood and Vine, working overnight in a room with no windows. I had no idea what time of day it was; I just slept when I was tired, and worked on this song until it took shape. The first guy to hear it was Rob [drummer Rob Bourdon], who told me (I’m paraphrasing) that this was “exactly the kind of song he wanted us to write.

Linkin Park previously released another old and mostly unheard track called “She Couldn’t” on August 13. The band is also re-releasing Hybrid Theory in a new, special-edition super deluxe box set, vinyl box set, deluxe CD, and digitally next week on October 9. These 20th anniversary box sets include the original Hybrid Theory, the Reanimation album, a 12 track CD of rare B-side songs, a CD of 18 tracks that were previously only available to Linkin Park Underground members, and 12 previously unreleased tracks on a CD titled Forgotten Demos. However, that’s not all. The box also contains three DVDs, one of which has unreleased full length concerts. Aside from music, it holds an oversized poster of Chester Bennington, three lithographs, and much more. More information on the super deluxe box set can be found here.

Listen to Linkin Park’s “In The End (Demo)” below.

Citations:

https://www.facebook.com/linkinpark/photos/a.10152167031941788/10158655586801788

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhqEeZaGOLk

No comments

No Comments