The cool weather, leafs falling, Sundays filled will football and there is nothing better than a bowl of soup in the fall in late October. When you think of fall and food, I am sure you think of pumpkin spiced, flavored everything, or is that just girls? But to me, there is something appealing about a hot cup of soup to warm the soul.
The recipe I am going to introduce you to gives you basically all you components for a satisfying meal in a bowl: protein, veggies, and heartwarming broth. I am going to introduce you to “White Chicken Chili”. This recipe is easy to make, healthy and uses very little ingredients. Oh did I mention you just need a crock pot and it’s a free fragrance for your home?
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 small onion chopped
- ½ cup of green chile salsa
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- 1 carton of chicken broth
- salt and pepper for the taste buds
- greek yogurt for serving if needed
- Place the chicken breast into the bowl of your crockpot and season with salt and pepper. Add all other ingredients besides beans.
- Stir all ingredients to combine together.
- Set on low for 6-8 hours OR high for 4-6 hours.
- Shred the chicken with a fork and add in the beans.
- Taste and serve.
And that’s it ladies and gentlemen! An easy lunch or dinner for this fall season. A little tip from me is that I would put it together the morning of on high before you head to class for the day, by dinner time it is ready to go! Or put together the night before, keep it on low and it will be ready by lunch the next day. It is an easy, healthy, and convenient meal that you can’t mess up!
Happy Fall Yawl!
I hope you learn. I hope you laugh. I hope you never stop. And remember being fit is always in style.