Friday March 11 2022

March 11, 2022 | 4 Comments

Good morning internet, Im taking a break from my usual musically involved content to talk about the war in Ukraine. The invasion of Ukraine began on February 24, 2022. Vladimir Putin ordered Russian troops to invade Ukraine under false pretenses. Putin is claiming that Ukraine is part of Russia and its come to the point where he wants to take it by force. The invasion of Ukraine is the largest ground invasion in Europe since WWII. As of right now at least 13 thousand people died from this war. On top of that 1,800 non lethal injures have happened and 2.5 million people have been displaced because of this conflict(Reuters.com). This senseless conflict is just in its starting phase of this war as we have no idea where it’s going to go. Putin has made crazy, erratic, and nonsensical decisions during his tyrannical reign over Russia, who knows what his next move will be. He has threatened the world to not get involved or they would face serious consequences (cough cough nukes). Im not sure where this war is going to go but I know one thing, bad guys always lose. No matter how powerful an evil person thinks they are, they’re never strong enough to beat us all. The world is rallying behind Ukraine as they’ve shown strength, and courage taking the Russians head on in this war. The Ukrainian president Volodymyr Zelenskyy has been leading and rallying Ukraine citizens in the fight against Russia. The Ukraine president has so far survived 3 assassination attempts. The Ukraines were believed to be out numbered and doomed, but they’ve held their ground. The Ukraine military has been fighting hard, but Russia has power. Russians troops have been air striking and artillery barraging cities, and evacuation routes causing devastation. Russia has been targeting civilian infrastructures, and there is one person giving orders to these attack. Vladimir Putin as a terrorist these senseless acts of aggression toward innocent people prove that. The world need to do everything in its power to put a stop to this criminal. I hope this is underway, and I hope the world can be rid of tyrannical dictators someday.

Comments

4 Comments so far

1. Dan O'Reilley on March 14, 2022 5:50 pm

Hi,
    Thank you for talking about the Ukraine conflict. It is very sad what is happening there, especially since there are so many innocent people. I am happy that the world is supporting Ukraine.

2. Jessica Conway on March 16, 2022 3:52 am

I’m so glad you spoke about this, and I found your summary really informative. I had no idea of the exact number of casualties thus far, and it saddens me that this is happening in the world right now. I hope that we find a way to stop Russia, and that somehow, we try to rebuild everything that’s been lost.

3. Katherine Houck on March 17, 2022 9:09 am

The people in Ukraine are amazing. They are not backing down and are holding their own against a much large and more funded country. I hope this unnecessary war can end soon for the innocent civilians in the middle.

4. Michael Zawicki on March 30, 2022 10:49 pm

The courage and determination Ukrainians show each and every day are truly inspiring. I hope that they are able to find peace very shortly.

Name (required)

Email (required)

Website

Speak your mind