Neutral Milk Hotel

April 29, 2022 | 1 Comment

Hello wonderful people of the internet, today Im talking about, you guessed it, The Beatles.

Neutral milk hotel s an indie rock band that formed in 1989, by musician Jeff Mangum. Neutral Milk was active from 1989-1998 during that time they would release two studio albums. Their first album “On Avery Island” was released in 1996, and what an interesting album this is. This album is one of the most interesting sounding albums I’ve ever listened to, its very unique. The main reason Im talking about Neutral Milk is because of an album released in 1998, “In the Aeroplane Over the Sea.” To simply put it, this album is a master piece. The different blends of music, Jeff Magnums manic vocals, the peculiar instrumentation, just the everything about it leaves you wanting more from Neutral Milk Hotel. Neutral Milk hotel would stop playing live after the release of this album. Jeff Mangum would take some personal time off from music for personal health reasons. Neutral Milk would resurface to tour for two more years in 2013-2015. Then disappear into the shadows once again. This enigma of a band just fascinates me. The worst part of their enigma is not knowing, not knowing if they will ever return to the live stage. If you’ve never listened to Neutral Milk Hotel, give them a chance. Don’t just take my word for it, take April Ludgates word, from the show Parks and Recreation. She is quoted in an episode saying Neutral Milk Hotel is her favorite band. If that’s nots convincing idk what is. Give them a listen and comment what you think of them

Comments

1 Comment so far

1. Jessica Conway on May 4, 2022 2:20 am

I’m a huge fan of Parks and Recreation, so I know exactly what moment you’re talking about, and I do remember her saying that. Because of April, I do know who they are, but I’ve never listened to their music before. But I will definitely have to check them out!

Name (required)

Email (required)

Website

Speak your mind