Today is a good day, I get too high light someone who I think is one of the most talented individuals on Earth, and that person is Bo Burnham. Burnham’s career started in 2006 on the social media platform youtube. His videos consisted of him singing funny songs about a variety of topics. For example Burnham has a song about a bunch of fictional characters attending rehab…….. and its very funny. Burnham’s youtube videos would become very successful gaining hundreds of millions of views. This success would lead to Burnham taking his talents on the road to tour the USA. Burnhams first comedy special words words words, was critically acclaimed. The success of his first tour led to Burnham securing a Netflix deal to release a performance on the platform. This performance was called What and what a funny show it is. Released in 2013, this comedy special consists of funny bits and songs and it keeps you entertained for the entirety of the show, and it leaves you wanting more. Bo burnham is very smart and very funny and his work makes your think. In What, one of his songs explores the music industry and how it’s kind of evil in some ways. My favorite song from this special has to be Sad, Burnham sings about things that make him sad and it’s utterly funny. 3 years later Burnham would release his second comedy special Make Happy and to simply put it, the special does exactly that. This special consist of highlarious songs and more funny stories and bits. My favorite song of the special is the very last one, Are Your Happy? This song has a sweet sounding and hypnotizing melody, and Burnhams lyrics and singing get you hooked. Then last year in 2021 Burnham released his 3rd Netflix special Inside. This special was filmed, edited, written and performed by Burnham, he even all the lighting and other fine details. Burnham filmed this comedy special during the corona virus pandemic in hopes that it could bring people together as he would try to heal the world with comedy. In my opinion this is Burnham’s best special it takes you on an emotional rollercoaster and never it has a dull moment.

File:Bo Burnham in Pittsburgh (cropped).jpg - Wikimedia Commons

Comments

1 Comment so far

1. Jessica Conway on April 19, 2022 11:26 pm

I love Bo Burnham! I discovered him last year after seeing people talking about “Inside” online and decided to watch it. It was so beautiful, because it was funny but also sad, highlighting the lonely realities many faced during the pandemic. I can’t wait to see what he makes next, though I think Inside will be hard to top.

Name (required)

Email (required)

Website

Speak your mind