About My Blog

About The Blogger

Hi everyone, I am glad you have found your way to my blog. My name is Billie Jo Parker and I would like to tell you about myself and my blog before you start diving in. I am currently a junior at UW-Whitewater and majoring in graphic design. Outside of school, I have a couple of hobbies that I enjoy, but gaming is one of the biggest ones. Common video games that I like to play are multiplayer first-person shooters and RPGs.

About Stardew Valley

Around half a year ago I was introduced to the RPG game, Stardew Valley. This game was created by Eric Barone (ConcernedApe). The story of this game is that you inherit your grandfather’s old farm plot in Stardew Valley and you must learn to live off the land and create a new life for yourself. Some major features within the game are crafting, raising animals and crops, improving on multiple types of skills, explore different types of lands, interact with a variety of town folk, and much more! There is no end to the game so you play the game for as long as you like. You also play the game how you want. There are no set rules on how to play the game. Many different skills, activities, and objectives are part of the game but you get the choice to decide what you want to do. Since there is such a wide variety of content to this game, this is why I created this blog. At first, many people might be intimidated by the range of information and content that comes with the game. But my blog is here to help you learn the basics of the game along with other tips and tricks. I hope to create a friendly environment for all players and a fun way of learning about the game instead of looking at wikis or other similar sites.

What is an RPG Game?

Some of you may be familiar with RPG games, which is great! However, some of you may be new to this side of gaming. Since Stardew Valley is an RPG I thought I would give a brief description so you get an idea of how the game is like if you don’t already know.

The acronym RPG stands for role-playing games (or video games). Role-playing games can be video games, like Stardew, or tabletop games, like Dungeons & Dragons. In this type of video game genre, players are able to control the actions of a character that is immersed in some sort of defined world. In the case of Stardew Valley, you are controlling a character, that you create, in a set world that was created for you to explore, manipulate, and change. There is a wide range of different RGPs like Japanese and Western RPGs, Strategy RPGs, and Action RPGs. If you want a more in-depth look at RPGs, below you can find a link to a site about RPGs.

If you are a brand new player to the game and looking for a little help getting started with your new life in Stardew Valley then you are in the right place! Even if you are not sure if you want to invest in this game yet or you would just like to read about the game, diving into my blog will help you see if this game is right for you. If you would like some more insight about the game a link is provided below to Stardew Vally’s main site.