Activities

On-Campus activities

This post will be directed more towards my school in Wisconsin with the free/ reasonably priced activities they offer on campus, but some of these could be at your school too! now if your school doesn’t offer free/reasonably priced activities, this could help generate ideas to do when you’re bored and on campus.

Sporting events – At my school, all sporting events (until conference games) are free for students. This is a huge perk because I don’t always plan in advance when I want to go to sporting events. I enjoy going to football, soccer, volleyball, basketball game, but that doesn’t mean I want to go all the time. Usually, it’s spur the moment with friends and if we need to buy tickets ahead of time, we probably wouldn’t go. It’s also a nice way for these events to get a crowd.

Campus bowling alley – Our campus has it’s very own bowling alley! Now I think this is because we have excellent men’s and women’s bowling teams and they need a play to practice, but it’s open to other students to use. They have free day Fridays and other free days throughout the semester to bring in more people. When you do have to pay, it’s only $1 for shoes and $2 a game. Most bowling alleys are around $3 for shoes and then $4/5 per game. I’m not the best bowler, but I love having the opportunity to do it if I please. There’s also pool tables and ping pong in the area if people are not up for bowling.

On-campus movie theater – Our campus even has its own movie theater! Every week, they show a movie from Wednesday- Saturday. The neat thing about this is that students usually get a say in what they show. We can vote on popular titles and they are usually recently out of theaters. Tickets are only $1 of students ($3 for non-students) but sometimes they have free days! It’s a fun way to see semi-new releases for a cheat cost.