Weekly Blog

Planning/Scheduling

We all have a lot on our plate, whether it be with school, work, sports, etc. Planning and scheduling can be stressful and overwhelming with so many responsibilities. Here are some ways that can hopefully make it a little bit easier!

1. Write it down
    • Use a planner, calendar, or even a piece of paper to write down essential details about what you have to get done and when. A lot of people try to just keep important dates or times in their head, but that doesn’t usually work out too well. If you have multiple responsibilities on your plate, you are bound to forget something if you do not write it down. This is such a simple concept that works wonders for staying on top of your obligations.
  2. Do not wait until the last minute
    • Always plan important meetings, events, or projects ahead of time so that you do not have to worry about preparing for them last minute. If you wait until the last minute, it can put a lot of pressure on you, which will make it even more difficult to plan it out. Procrastination is never a good idea!
  3. Give a certain amount of time for each responsibility
    • If you have multiple responsibilities or events all happening around the same time, time block each of them out. It can be very overwhelming trying to do all of them in a short amount of time while simultaneously pleasing anyone else that may be involved. Time blocking can make this a little bit easier. Schedule an amount of time for each task, meeting, or event so that you know how much time should be spent doing one thing and when to move on to the next. This can help prevent losing track of time or not getting something done on time.

4 Comments

• Lauren Foster

I always make sure to write down what I have to do for each week, and I have a big calendar on my desk to know of any upcoming tests/quizzes/projects/etc. However, I need to stop waiting until the last minute when submitting assignments.

• Sam Meier

Britney,
    I definitely struggle with writing events down into my calendar. I usually can keep track and remember everything pretty well. With that being said, I know that once I am in my career, I will have to be adequate about writing things down.

• Kim Reinders

I have struggled with planning my days and weeks and frankly, even months out because there is so much going on. When I go home we have a calender on the fridge that we use as a family and we always say if it’s not on the calender its not happening. Here at school, I rely so much on my google calender on my phone as well as my laptop. It has helped me out a lot but I still feel like I forget things. Writing things down is not as bad as I used to think it is, but now I need it more than ever.

• Lindsey Buchanan

Britney,
    I love each and every one of these tips! I personally love staying organized so seeing this post makes me happy. I have to write down every single thing that I have to do for the week, otherwise I don’t feel like I am making any progress! My favorite thing is when you check something off your list, it feels so good to stay organized and get things done!