Fitness

No Gym- Workout Ideas!

With the Stay at Home orders in place around us, it is important that we are social distancing which sadly, includes not being able to go to the gym. This can be really difficult for us especially when we rely on our gym a lot for our physical and mental health. I know I do!!! This has made this time of change a little bit more difficult for me. So two ways I have battled not being able to gym is by staying creative with my workouts and also getting outside in the fresh air!!

First of all, I have posted about previously in my blog “At-Home Workouts” about good exercises/combinations to do to get in a good sweat at home. These are also great replacements for going to the gym. Also due to COVID-19 many workout websites and companies are offering free workouts on their websites, their Instagram lives, and their Facebook lives- these companies include Nike, Gymshark, and more!

Other ways that I have kept myself feeling good mentally and physically is by going outdoors and being creative with my workouts. Go outside for a run or a walk (ok not that creative). But another idea I’ve had is to go to the nearest park and play basketball (only if no one is around). Do layups and other drills to get some running/sprints in and get your heart rate up!! I have had fun with that work out a couple times during quarantine!! I also incorporated some jump roping into it which is a great addition if you have a jump rope!!

Another great idea is to go for a hike. If you are near Whitewater, I love to hike at the Ice Age Trails. Hiking is not only a good exercise, but it is also relaxing and a good way to get some fresh air when we are “locked” inside. It is so good for us to get outside and relieve some stress during these times. It is crucial we stay active to stay healthy! Thanks for reading! Have a great week and make sure to wash your hands!

6 Comments

• Haley Henricksen

Thank you for the recommendations while gyms are not accessible! It has been hard to have motivation to do anything with the crazy world right now but I will for sure get outside and get active while it is still nice out!

• Becca Fish

Thanks for the tips on home works out! I’ve definitely been hiking and walking a lot with all the social distancing. Can’t wait to go back to the gym.

• Ethan Maurice

It’s been StruuuuuUUUUUUUuuggle to keep up my fitness levels these last few weeks. Going to try to get out and give my old Jump Rope some use. Another thing I do is track my runs with an app. that helps me stay on track to achieve goals I set.

• Luke Piccione

YES!!! This needs to be preached more as it becomes easier to make excuses to not work on our physical health. Great reminder to myself to keep active and find fun ways to challenge my physical ability.

• Luke Tegtman

We have a gym in my basement so we have been doing the at-home workouts a lot because everything is still closed. We have been hiking a lot and its nice since nobody is out.