Stress Relief

Mental Health and Coping During Quarantine

Hello everyone! Quarantine has been taking a toll on people with the lack of social interaction and all the craziness going on in the world right now! That is why this week I wanted to share with you some recommendations from the CDC on “Mental Health and Coping During COVID-19“. Below is some information from the page that I think is important to share and can be useful to look at in this crazy time! Stay safe and healthy everyone!

“The outbreak of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) may be stressful for people. Fear and anxiety about a disease can be overwhelming and cause strong emotions in adults and children. Coping with stress will make you, the people you care about, and your community stronger.

Stress during an infectious disease outbreak can include:

• Fear and worry about your own health and the health of your loved ones
  • Changes in sleep or eating patterns
  • Difficulty sleeping or concentrating
  • Worsening of chronic health problems
  • Worsening of mental health conditions

Taking care of yourself, your friends, and your family can help you cope with stress. Helping others cope with their stress can also make your community stronger.

Ways to cope with stress

Support your loved ones

Check-in with your loved ones often. Virtual communication can help you and your loved ones feel less lonely and isolated. Consider connecting with loved ones by:

• Telephone
  • Email
  • Mailing letters or cards
  • Text messages
  • Video chat
  • Social media”

7 Comments

• Brett Reader

I’m glad that you’re bringing these important tips to our attention. Reaching out to my friends and family has helped me de-stress greatly.

• Becca Fish

These are great suggestions! I know the biggest on that has helped me is working out. It’s easy to just sit back and relax but taking the time to go for a run or work out in my basement helps me keep focused.

• Luke Willkomm

Totally makes sense. The further we get into the quarantine, the more I am slacking on some of these good habits and it is definitely affecting my attitude. This post was great because it will be easy to make a daily checklist of the things listed above to keep me accountable.

• Luke Piccione

Thanks for sharing these tips. I especially resonate with this blog because I see how stressed people are becoming, yet I don’t see a lot of action taken to keep happy. People are becoming so consumed by news that it is driving them (and me) crazy! I say take care of yourself and those around you and take socially responsible actions by staying in as much as possible.

• Luke Tegtman

I liked your suggestions but we haven’t stayed away from alcohol lol. I’ve adjusted to the virus but right when everything closed I thought I was going to go crazy.