Calling all hopeful entrepreneurs! The library has several resources, some new, that can give you that critical edge in writing your business plan, winning your funding competition, targeting the right consumers, or whatever your next step might be to change the world.
- Simmons is our newest and best resource for consumer market research. Check out that earlier post to learn more.
- Bizminer is a database trial that only runs through March 31, 2017, so follow that link and check it out, and let me know (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you find it useful enough to purchase
- ReferenceUSA is a great database for finding your local competitors.
- Census data can be a treasure trove for knowing your local market too. Check out the free Census Business Builder for a visualization/mapping tool, or American Fact Finder for the raw data tables.
- Finally, see many more links, plus tutorials for how to use these resources, at our Entrepreneurship Guide — get in touch with me if you’re still stumped and could use some help.
And best of luck to everyone competing at the Warhawk Business Plan Competition next month!