- Provide a brief overview of each article
- How does new technology enable a new kind of group-formation?
- On page 17, Clay Shirky refers to Tim O’Reilly’s concept of “architecture if participation.” What does that mean in the context of these two articles.
- “When we change the way we communicate, we change society.” Discuss this statement by making reference to the contents of the two articles.
- After reading these two articles, what do you think motivates people to share information? What is the source of trust, for example, when sharing information on an online dating site? What makes people take the risk?
- What are the most important lessons you have learnr from these two articles about communication technologies and their effect on our society?