Greek Life at the University of Wisconsin – Whitewater consists of three national councils; National Panhellenic Council, Panhellenic Council, and Interfraternity Council.

The National Panhellenic Council (NPHC), also known as the Divine Nine is a collective of the nine historically Black Greek-letter fraternities and sororities. At the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater, there are eight NPHC organizations.

The Panhellenic Council (PHC) represents sororities from a variety of different backgrounds. At the University of Wisconsin – Whitewater there are seven PHC organization.

The Interfraternity Council (IFC) represents fraternities from a variety of different backgrounds. At the University of Wisconsin – Whitewater there are eight IFC organizations

Below is an interview with the Greek Intern who works for Career and Leadership development and communicates with all Greek chapters about important information.

1. What is the main purpose of your organization?

“The main purpose of Greek Life is to bring like minded individuals together in order to serve their community and work towards a common goal. Each Greek organization has their own philanthropy, which can be a charity, fundraiser, or service project.”

2. How often does your organization meet? What are your meetings like/about?

“Greek organizations usually have a designated day when they hold a chapter meeting. At these weekly meetings, the organization discusses requirements, upcoming events, and where members can share other information.”

3. What is the benefit of your organization?

“There are lots of benefits to Greek organizations. Not only does it bring people together for the common good, but for the good of the world. Philanthropy is very important in Greek Life and people often choose an organization based on a philanthropy that they’re passionate about. Greek Life serves thousands of different charitable organizations by collecting donations, volunteering, and raising awareness.”

4. What made you join your organization?

“I joined my organization to make friends with similar goals and aspirations as well as to serve my community. Once I found Greek Life, I’ve been passionate about changing the negative stigma surrounding it because it’s only done great things for our campus and community. I love my organization and the lifelong connections it has brought me.”