The Cisco/Presidio Teaching with Technology Innovator Honorarium recognizes an instructor who displays an outstanding commitment to leveraging learning technologies to solve common teaching challenges. Applications due April 3rd!
About the Award
The Cisco/Presidio Teaching with Technology Innovator recognizes an instructor who displays an outstanding commitment to leveraging learning technologies to create rich learning experiences, thereby increasing student success.
Eligibility and Expectations
To be eligible for this award, the applicant must:
- Be an instructor at UW-Whitewater
- Taught at least six (6) credits in the past year
Finalists will receive a $250 honorarium and agree to present an interactive session at the Celebrating Teaching and Learning Conference (May 17, 2023), where they will also be recognized.
The individual selected as the 2023 Teaching with Technology Innovator will receive a $1000 honorarium (instead of the $250 for finalists) and agrees to the following:
- Have their name and picture highlighted in a Learning Technology Center blog post and in the ConnectIT newsletter;
- Have their name and photograph displayed in the Learning Technology Center;
- Partner with the Learning Technology Center to highlight their work during the Fall 2023 and/or Spring 2024 semester
Please note: this honorarium counts toward the 20% base salary overload maximum.
Deadline and Submission Instructions
Interested candidates must submit their materials using Qualtrics (https://uwwhitewater.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6mvojPwNpMviRlI) by April 3, 2023. Finalists will be notified no later than April 11th, and the winner will be revealed at the conference in May.
Application packages must include a:
- Personal reflection (1-2 pages) that includes the applicant’s teaching philosophy and the role technology plays in it, specifically discussing how they have demonstrated the innovative and effective use of learning technologies to create rich learning experiences for students that work to increase retention and success
- Portfolio of 3-5 items that serve as evidence of their teaching philosophy and the role technology plays in it, as well as ways their use of technology contributes to student learning and success. Possible items include, but are not limited to:
- Letters of support from students, colleagues, or leadership.
- Course evaluation data.
- Evidence of student impact (e.g., grades, learning, etc.) after trying a technology intervention.
- Examples of how the instructor contributes to their college, campus community, and beyond related to teaching and learning with technology.
Note: If materials are missing, an individual’s application for this award may not be reviewed.
Applications will be reviewed by a committee composed of LTC Staff and members of the LTC Advisory Group. Notifications of the selected finalists will be made by April 11, 2023. Finalists will be expected to submit a description of an interactive, synchronous session to be presented at the Celebrating Teaching and Learning Conference in the University Center on the Whitewater Campus on May 17th, 2023.
About the Sponsors
This award is sponsored by Presidio and Cisco Systems in conjunction with UWW’s Division of Instructional, Communication, and Information Technology (ICIT) and the LTC. Presidio and Cisco are proud of their work with institutions of higher education to inspire learning and connect campuses to enhance student outcomes. ICIT and the LTC are dedicated to working with instructors to understand teaching challenges, explore solutions, implement strategies, and evaluate their effectiveness.
Questions? If you have questions, please reach out to the Learning Technology Center.