On Friday, November 25, ICIT will be deploying the VBrick Rev 7.12 update to our environment between 7am and 2pm. During this time, the Rev system (http://streaming.uww.edu) will not be available. With no classes scheduled, Friday was chosen as the optimal window to minimize disruption to the campus
In this latest update, the following fixes and enhancements will be included:
- (New) Bulk Video Editing and Deleting. Users can now bulk edit video access settings, video status, video categories, video tags and video settings. Users can also bulk delete videos.
- (New) Ability to set content Publish Date. Inactive videos can now have a “Publish Date” configured. The video will be automatically set to “Active” on the selected date.
- (New) Ability to set content Expiration Date. Active videos can now have a “Expiration Date” configure. The video can either be set to inactive or deleted upon expiration.
- (New) Ability to replace a video file. This allows the file to be updated without needing to replace links or update embed code. This can be done by any user that has “Edit” access to the video.
- (New) Playlists can now be shared with users. Previously, playlists were only visible by the user who created them.
- (New) Responsive Embed Code. There is a new “Responsive” option when generating the video embed code. Using this option is recommended and will allow the video to automatically scale for the best possible user experience.
- (New) Variable Speed Playback. Users can now play videos at 1.0x, 1.25x, 1.5x and 2.0x speeds. This feature is only supported in the HTML5 player and may not currently work in all browsers.
- (Update) Redesigned Usage Reports. Video reports on the video play form have been redesigned.
- (Fixed) Audio/Video sync issue has been corrected on some videos when using Chrome or Firefox on PC or Mac.
- (Fixed) An issue impacting multicast video playback using the Edge browser on Windows 10 has been corrected.
- (Fixed) Corrected an issues where embedded videos were not playing in Safari & Internet Explorer 9/10 browser when set to All Users or Private access.
If you have any questions or concerns about this update, please contact the Learning Technology Center.