In the latest version of Chrome and Firefox, mp3 files embedded via D2L will auto play even when they are set to not autoplay. This is a known issue with newer browsers.
The best work around is to use an HTML5 player to embed your mp3 files.
1. Upload your mp3 files to D2L. We suggest putting them in a directory to help keep your files organized. In this example that directory will be “audiofolder”.
2. Create or edit a content page in D2L.
3. Inside the content page click HTML source editor. The icon is in the lower left of the content editing window:
4. After the <body> tag cut-and-paste the following code:
<source src=”audiofolder/audiofile.mp3″ type=”audio/mpeg”>
Your browser does not support the audio element.
Replace “audiofolder/audiofile.mp3” with the location and name of your mp3 file. Your HTML editor will look something like this:
5. Click Save.
6. Click Update.
7. Your Content page with the HTML5 mp3 player should look something like this:
If you have additional questions, please contact UW-W Desire2Learn Support.