Ever since Macklamore came out with his hit song “Thrift Shop” in 2012, thrifting is nothing new. People will go to their nearest Goodwill, St. Vincent de Paul’s, Salvation Army’s and more to find a good deal. Thrift stores have a variety of things to choose from that are unique. It would be easier to just pull up Amazon and order a new desk to be delivered the next day. But thrifting opens up new opportunities, cheaper costs, better quality items and something that not everyone will have. It creates less waste overall and honestly part of the fun is the chase of finding exactly what you want. My family grew up thrifting a majority of our items, from clothes to household items. It takes patience and a lot of searching sometimes to find what you’re looking for. Eventually, and hopefully, you’ll develop a routine when you go into a thrift store and know the sections in the order you’ll search through them. I’ve been lucky enough to find some of my favorite items in my apartment in various thrift stores.

This picture is a combination of my favorite thrift finds. The floral jar is a series that I collect of different sized jars of the same pattern. They were more popular in the 70’s and have in the last couple of years been very hard to find. The sage green lucky cat is a piece I’ve had for about 10 years. But finally my hand painted lazy susan is one of my favorite finds. It’s beautiful and time and love were clearly put into it’s design. It’s beautiful and I’ll have it for a long time to come.