Throughout the course of this blog, I have shared a lot of my opinions on the interior design world as a whole. There are trends that I love and trends that I hate. Some are ones that everyone loves and some I am the lone lover of. But at the end of the day, everyone likes what they like. Finding your sense of style when it comes to interior design is a never ending process. Factors change what you can and can do in your space. Gaining the ability to use screws in a rental apartment is a major step up from dorm room command hooks. After getting a career length job, you’ll have the funds to upgrade from your dorm room futon to a proper couch. Interior design and making your space feel like your own never stops at any point. I feel like since I started college to now in my last two weeks of it, my interior spaces have run the entire gambit. Here’s what I’m loving lately. If it’s not your vibe, don’t sweat it. Like I said, everyone has their own taste and everyone’s style changes. Who knows, maybe a favorite of mine might become a favorite of yours in the near future.

Disco Balls

Are having these in your space a bit trendy now? Yes, of course. Disco balls bring a sense of party and 70’s fun into your space. I keep mine in the corner of two windows of my apartment so it catches the light at the end of the day. My little one from 5 below was a quick impulse buy last year makes sense after loving the one my mom had hanging in our house when I was growing up. They’re a fun element to add to any space.

70’s Color Schemes

This love came from the hand me down neon yellow chair from my dad the minute I moved into a shared house. Bright yellow is a hard color to match when it comes to a space, but I found that simply combining other warm tones helped balance it out. I stained my desk a dark orange and found a chartreuse comforter that perfectly complemented the chair. All are in the same warm tone family and the 70’s were apparently a time for these colors to shine. 

Small Artist Art Prints

I wish I was creative enough to fill my walls with art of my own. However as a communications major, it’s not really my strong suit. Instead of adding movie posters or tapestries to my walls, I spend my time scrolling through Instagram, Tiktok and Etsy to find small artists with cute prints to add to my collection. This cat in the field reminds me of my own who I adopted after finding her living in my backyard. It’s nice to support smaller artists as well as have art that is unique and special to you, instead of something mass produced. 

It has been great sharing my opinions on interior design on this blog throughout the semester. As I always remind everyone, interior design is in the eye of the beholder. If my thoughts and opinions aren’t your favorite, it’s okay. If you’re happy with your space, that’s all that really matters.