Most everyone has had the chance to live in a college dorm room. There’s not much to say for it besides yikes. It’s a concrete box with tan furniture and little space. It can be a bit of a shock going from living at home to living in a blank slate. Even when moving into a first apartment with or without roommates, everything is empty. There’s no bit of personality to be found in apartments on move in day around college campuses, because they’re design to be customized to their current occupant. This is where it comes to the person residing to decide how they want to make their space feel like a home for the next year or so. My favorite part of moving into a new space is putting up my prints. They’re an easy way to fill up empty walls, can be various shapes and sizes and can be whatever I like. There’s a print for everyone out there and they all hold meaning to you. Here’s a few of mine that I love.

What is considered art will be different for everyone. The opossum print is from Juniperthefox and every purchase goes towards funding for the owners wildlife preserve. The Coldplay lyrics are from one of my mom and I’s favorite songs. The apartment complex is a digital drawing one of my friends made for her AP studio art portfolio back in high school and it’s still one of my favorite pieces of art ever. The painting of the cat reminds me of my cat when I’m away from here. The two girls exploring the woods while being stalked by Mothman is just fun. Personalizing your space with art you love makes you more excited to come back to it after a long day of classes. It’s important in helping make your space feel like your own, as opposed to years of past occupants.