Thumb Problems

Well this week didn’t go as planned, I was suppose to bowl a tournament today but I was practicing on Wednesday and my thumb ended up blistering up. Instead of bowling I watched our men’s team bowl in one of the biggest tournaments of the year. The Hoosier Classic is one of the hardest tournaments to bowl in just because the pattern is so tricky and difficult. They ended up bowling really well and are currently in first place, this tournament other than nationals is the tournament everyone wants to win.

This is what my thumb looked like after practice and the reason why I wasn’t able to go bowl a tournament.

Right now we are currently in 2nd place in the nation and with a win in this tournament it would be hard to not see us in 1st. Although rankings don’t really mean anything other than making sectionals which we should make easily, it is a sort of bragging right and show people how powerful of a program we actually are. One of the things that a lot of people don’t realize is that we are a D3 school and non of us are getting athletic scholarships. We actually pay to be on the team and we are the highest ranked team in the nation that is a club and D3.

People really sleep on our program because we don’t have big name players that everyone knows in the bowling world. If you look at a team like McKendree they have players that bowl PBA, have been successful and 2 players that traveled the world bowling for our country. We are ahead of that team and they have players that are suppose to be better than our team. The team chemistry that we have is insane and when they are bowling they all look like one unit and man do they perform when its needed. Tomorrow is the last day and they will bowl baker games, then they will make a cut and then its brackets after that. Hopefully the team can come out with a win and bring home some shiny hardware.