Typically, your workout time is determined on when your classes are or maybe how heavy your workload is. That may mean early mornings or even late nights when your everything has ended. Consistency is key to any workout. I have always had trouble deciding which is better, a morning or an afternoon workout. The perfect workout time varies from person to person. Everyone has different goals, but we all have the same consistency. And let’s face it were not all morning people or night owls.
I decided to make a pros and cons list for each time of the day workout. Figure out which one applies to you!
- Beat the crowds.
- Setting your alarm an hour or two earlier can help you beat the after school rush and avoid the unwanted crowds. Save yourself the hassle and a spot on the treadmill by hitting the gym in the morning!
- Get your workout out of the way.
- Completing your workout in the morning makes the risk of taking a cat nap and binge watching Netflix a lot less likely. The saying goes, early bird gets the worm and also minimizes the risk of potential cancellation. Kicking it in to gear right in the morning is one thing off of your to-do list and opens up another possibility for fun!
- It may be difficult.
- Nothing good in life comes easy. Morning workouts seems like more effort than afternoon workouts. Why? I have no flipping clue. Maybe your body needs more time to wake up, or is that just me?
- Better effort, more effort.
- Afternoon workouts will do the trick when gaining a full force workout. Taking your workout to the max is the way to go when hitting the gym in the PM. Sounds like a win- win situation to me.
- You get to sleep in.
- Goodbye happy hour. (21+)
- Well let’s face it, this could also be a positive situation. You may be missing meeting up with you friends, or making it harder on your group to meet for our favorite group projects (jk). Either way, an afternoon workout can minimize your time to socialize. We may save a few calories by skipping happy hour for the gym, but life’s all about balance right!
Now it’s time to decided: morning or afternoon? Mornings are looking good to me.
I hope you learn. I hope you laugh. I hope you never stop. And remember being fit is always in style.