Organization,  Pre-Wedding,  Trending,  Uncategorized

Weddings of 2020

Looking at the top five trends we’ll see in 2020 weddings

Wedding Trend 1- More Greenery Than Flowers

Steps aside roses and peonies, you’ve been replaced. For many upcoming weddings, couples have opted out of large arrangements and bouquets for the understated beauty of greenery. Especially with the cost of flowers increasing, going “green” will leave some extra room in the budget.

Wedding Trend 2- Alternative Wedding Dress

Many brides are throwing aside the traditional white dress for something much more fun. These options include anything from a pant suit to a romper with an over-skirt. Whatever it is dresses of 2020 are leaning towards trendy and flirty.

Wedding Trend 3- Statement Lighting

Hanging lanterns, globes, and twinkle lights are all the rage. I’ve even seen people do huge lit up stars suspended from the ceiling. 2020 will be illuminated with a variety of unique lighting options.

Wedding Trend 4- Skipping The Favors

This trend is one that I absolutely love. Wedding favors have always been something that people put a lot of time and effort into, and end up being left on the table. Couples are starting to put that money towards something good by donating it to a charity of their choice.

Wedding Trend 5- Jewel Tone Palettes

For the past five years pastel colors have been the primary choice for weddings. We are finally seeing a change as bold, deep colors are taking over. Rich purples, deep blues, and dark hunter greens are the first choice for wedding palettes, and I can understand why. These colors definitely make a wow statement.

8 Comments

• Haley Henricksen

I am so excited about this blog because I have has a Pinterest of what I want my future wedding to look like so I am glad to have more to look at! I love the trend of adding more greenery to weddings because I love the way it looks but it is often times less expensive. I would love to see how to coordinate colors thought a whole wedding!

• Grace Holler

I love your blog, because I used to watch and sometimes still watch all of the shows on TLC, such as Say Yes to the Dress and Four Weddings. I love the part about the lighting.

• Luke Willkomm

My girlfriend’s sister just got married last spring and I can confirm almost all of these trends. I personally am a big fan of the greenery instead of flowers. I feel like it gives the wedding a less formal feeling and makes everyone feel more relaxed.

• Logan Meyer

I am very interested in this blog, I have never really been into weddings and decorations, but i like how you explain in detail the different ways that weddings can be cutely decorated and fashioned.

• Newlong Lor

Awesome blog btw! I hope that the ideas I explained to you will also generate more content for you as well from the other day while talking to you!

• Morgan Meade

A lot of these trends are exciting to see! I like this blog because I like decorating and looking at decorations and weddings in general! I love the first trend of more greenery than flowers! I’m excited to follow along!