With summer finally here, it is often hard to stay motivated and in a routine regarding fitness and health. I know personally I go out to eat a lot in the summer which messes with my meal plans and health goals. With having a summer job it can also be hard to stay consistent in the gym. I often plan to go to the gym, but then a friend asks me to get dinner or drinks and it is hard to pass that up. This is why balance is so important. Getting into a rhythm of maintaining your health and fitness goals while also having a great summer is key. In today’s blog we will talk about staying consistent with your fitness and health goals while also enjoying your summer. Below is a list of things to help keep your summer balanced.
Balancing Your Summer
● Set a Schedule for Yourself
○ I find it is easiest to get everything you want done if you set a schedule for yourself. This means planning out what time you are going to do each task you want to accomplish throughout the day. For example, if you work 9-3pm, schedule time for the gym 3:30-4:30pm. Then the rest of the day can be dedicated to dinner and activities with friends and family. Obviously each day will vary depending on different factors, but that’s why it is your schedule. Customize it to what works best for you.
● Prioritize What Really Matters
○ If you had planned to workout after a long day of work but you are exhausted, skip a day to take time for your mental health. Or, if friends ask you to hangout, forget about the gym and take a day off. Oftentimes it is hard for me to change up my schedule and be flexible because it takes away the structure of my day. However, although it is important to exercise, it is also important to socialize and see friends and family as well.
● Give Yourself a Break
○ You do not always need to be busy. Take time to yourself to just have a chill day like watching a movie or cooking your favorite meal. Life does not always have to be go, go, go. Oftentimes, when you are always busy you just burn yourself out. This is why it is important to give yourself a break so for your mental and physical health.
With all of this being said, summer is the time to relax and take time for yourself. Try to stay as consistent as possible with your mental and physical goals this summer without burning yourself out. Remember, prioritize what really matters.
Do not get discouraged,