As summer is coming to an end and fall semester is about to start up, we need to take time to accomplish our summer goals and keep a healthy positive mindset. On August 8th, 2019, it is national happiness happens day. On this day especially, happiness is encouraged all day and is supposed to bring individuals joy and pleasure. This day was created to give people the right to express their happiness. Below Warhawks are a list of ways you can make happiness happen in your life, not just on the national day.
- Have some perspective. Give everything a chance and make the most out of every situation.
- Create a happiness list or a “Bliss List”. Write down all the things that make you relaxed, happy and reflect on why those things bring you bliss.
- Work towards your happiness. Set goals for yourself and know what brings you happinessand work towards them.
- Think about what makes you happy and what you want instead of the negatives. If you think positive, you can have a positive outcomes. Don’t think about the things you can’t or don’t want.
- Have passion and be passionate about what you like, want and need. If you are passionate about something you have the willingness to succeed.
- Live in the moment. Don’t think about the past or the future. Work towards it but don’t let it control you.
- Get physical and push yourself. Moving your body and pushing it can improve your energy levels and improve how you feel. Do something that makes you feel good about yourself.
- Laugh often and freely. Do things that make you happy and generate a laugh. Be on the lookout to make others smile. Have fun with what you do.
- Love what you do and love those who support and care for you. Build relations and work towards current relationships to have a positive impact in your life.
- Be compassionate and caring towards others. Work to make others happy to build happiness for yourself. Work towards compassionate acts to others to build happiness.
Happiness happens in different ways. Working towards happiness for yourself can increase positivity in yourself and increase a positive self-esteem. It can also help individuals live a healthy lifestyle and improve their physical, mental and emotional health. These are just a few tips to help have happiness happen not just on its national day, but every day.
Start strong, Finish Stronger