10 Things to do when you have a bad day, coming from Karlee
You could say that this past week has not been one of my best. I’ve changed my view and decided to look on the bright side and think of ways I can turn those days upside down. I am here to tell you how I changed my not so happy days into some happy ones.
- Hit the pavement. Running right before it hits dark with my headphones blasting has been my favorite way to relieve stress and get happy. I mean how couldn’t you have a sassy attitude with “Bad Blood” playing?
- The typical “hit the gym.” Let me tell you though, those people are right. Hitting the gym and sweating those bad vibes out couldn’t feel better.
- Spa time! Get that pedicure you’ve been waiting all summer to get. Treat yourself and you will feel better about yourself. Your feet need a good rubbing after all that running you’ve been doing.
- Take a step outside. Whether it’s a hike, a bike ride, or hitting the water. Being outside with the fresh air will do you more good than being bundled up inside.
- Bath time! Soak up in a warm bath and light some candles. I mean it works for me, and its and easy way to relax your body and mind. Clear your mind from the real world in the comfort of your own bathroom.
- Yoga. Although I wish I could say I’ve been doing this a lot, it’s been an area I have been slacking in. When I have had the chance to do it in these last two weeks (3 times if we’re being honest) it is perfect way to relax and block the bad out and bring the good in.
- Get in a little friend time. Summer can be busy (working) and it can be hard to get together you’re your friends. Take some time and try to get the entire gang together. Nothing is better than spending time with people who make you laugh.
- Go a day without social media. Let’s face it the world revolves around it and we love it, but we hate it. We feel like it’s one of those situations, “can’t live with him, and can’t live without him.” Well I am telling you go a day without, and wow can you see worry free stress free. Forget the real world, at least for now.
- Get something done that you’ve been wanting to do but haven’t. Clean out your closet, craft, reorganize, and clean your car. (Just some of the examples I completed in just two weeks.) It is such a nice feeling knowing you got something done that you’ve been wanting to do since the beginning of summer. It is also a great way to get your mind of things and focus on your main task at hand.
- Be with the people who love you the most. Surround yourself with the ones who love you most and make you feel special. It is the simplest way to feel better about any situation, no matter what could be going on in your life. They will create a smile upon your face and what better feeling is that?
I hope these help you turn your bad days into good ones, your dark skies into sunny days, and flip your frown upside down. Always try to be the best you, and the best you is when you’re happy.
I hope you learn. I hope you laugh. I hope you never stop. And remember being fit is always in style.