Welcome, Josh Lammi!

On behalf of the entire ICIT organization, we are excited to welcome Josh Lammi as the new Network Services Engineer. His main focus will be network wireless services. This includes design, implementation and advanced technical support for our complex wireless network.

From Josh:

“I started learning about computers when I was in 2nd grade.  By 5th grade I was the go-to kid for teachers that were having issues in their computer room.  This was before we had internet where I lived or at school so learning was based heavily on trial and error.  I knew at that age that being involved in technology was where I wanted to be for a future career so I never had an issue answering what I wanted to be when I grew up. 

I had odd jobs doing random IT work until 2004 when I started my career at Mercyhealth as a “Computer Operator” and held several positions here until joining ICIT. These positions were: Computer Operator, Call Center Tech, Lead PC Tech (I was also a Project Lead and SCCM Administrator at the same time as being the go-to for other PC Techs), NetTech (This was a hybrid position between being a PC Tech, a System Administrator and a Network Administrator), System Administrator then finally into a Network Engineer role with a focus on Wireless.

Even though I was not in the Network Engineer role until 2018, I was actually designing and implementing the wireless infrastructure in 2012 when we had to do a refresh at one of our campuses.  I continue to enjoy the complexities of wireless as no two issues are ever truly the same.

Outside of work, I’m married and we have a 3yr old Belgian Malinois named Dexter.  He is an EXTREMELY smart dog and has an energy level that is through the roof.  My wife (Ashley) and I enjoy going up north later in the year to Bluefin Bay Resort located in Tofte, MN to disconnect from technology.  We generally go hiking for most of the days and work on solving a random jigsaw puzzle together.  Even though I enjoy everything IT, there is a time to just disconnect and get away to decompress.  I also am a bit of a beer snob, generally drinking something dark and barrel aged and even went as far as to build a 4 tap freezer for home.  I’m not limited to technology with my skill set and am known to spend time working on my Jeep, electrical, plumbing and anything else that I know I can wrap my head around.  The only thing I generally don’t touch is anything in the kitchen or laundry!”

We are thrilled to have Josh join our team, please take some time to welcome him when you can!​