Uptimes Spotlight – Jeanne Cupertino

JC profJeanne Cupertino
cupertij@uww.edu
(262) 472-6745

Spotlight                                                                                                                                

Q: What do you do – explain how you fit into ICIT?

A: With the changes in ICIT, I will be moving away from daily management of the TSC Helpdesk, and moving into request management with Lisa Rowland as my immediate supervisor.

Q: Something people don’t know about you?

A: My son, Zebediah, is on the autism spectrum, and when he expressed interest in some patterns that I was looking at, I took a chance and made a couple of stuffed animals. We’re hoping that these softies help him with imaginative play and his manual dexterity.

Stuffed Animals
Q: Do you have a favorite hobby?

A: I make quilts. Until now, I’ve just been making with the intent of relaxing and having a finished quilt. I plan on entering in competitions in the near future. Right now, I have several tops that need to be quilted before they can be considered finished quilts. Most of these are very large, measuring at least 90” X 90”, so I need to find time to develop long-arm quilting skills.

Quilting
Q: What was your first job?

A: My first job was with Kmart. I worked at the layaway counter.

Q: What’s your favorite piece of technology?

A: Does my sewing machine count? Otherwise, I’m happy as long as I have a computer and smart phone.

Q: Tell me something interesting about yourself?

A: My father was in the Air Force until I was 14, so I’ve moved a lot. I was born in the Philippines, but have also spent time in Colorado, Oklahoma, Florida, Texas, Illinois, and Italy.

Q: What are you passionate about?

A: My family, autism education, literacy, quilting. I’m sure there’s more, but nothing else is swimming to the surface at the moment.

Q: Do you have a special talent?

A: I wouldn’t say that it’s all that special, but I also love to cook. I learned from my dad, which was awesome, but he never taught me to cook for fewer than six people. We always have leftovers in our fridge.

Q: Favorite TV Show?

A: I don’t have a single favorite TV show. Instead, I binge-watch whenever something hits Hulu or Netflix. I’ve been watching White Collar, Sleepy Hollow, Supernatural, Arrow, and Grimm.

Q: Music genre?

A: No particular favorite here. My dad was a big influence on my music listening habits, and he introduced me to everything from Johnny Cash to Yanni.

Q: Favorite vacation?

A: Last year, I went on a weekend trip with a friend I met through online quilting communities, to meet other online quilting buddies. We hung out, and toured quilt and fabric shops, and stopped by an amazing truffle shop in Minneapolis.

Q: Favorite food?

A: Most of my favorite foods are all things I make at home: sinigang and arroz caldo (Filipino soups), lumpia, (Filipino eggrolls), fried chicken, baked ziti… Otherwise, I love sushi.