As I mentioned in my previous post, is there anything better than being able to sit in bed, on your phone, and thrift? Imagine… it’s Saturday morning and you’re having coffee in bed with your cat and you’re able to shop without having to leave your house or put on real clothes. I swear, there’s nothing better.
I know there are other sites and apps for thrifting or buying secondhand like Poshmark and Depop for example, but thredUp runs like a store where you can return items that didn’t work for you whereas a lot of sellers don’t allow you to return
Here are my pros and cons of thredUp:
- The selection of clothes- my favorite thing I would say about thredUp is their selection of clothes. You can select your sizes and search the whole website/app from them going through every brand or category of the type of garment. They carry sizes XXS to 5X and shoe sizes 4 to 12.
- Clean- I have yet to receive an item that smelled terrible, was dirty or heavily wrinkled.
- Customer Service- their customer service is AMAZING. They are knowledgable, quick to answer questions, and are wonderful problem solvers. I have been in some terrible pickles- needed to cancel my order because of some money complications and even had to have my package rerouted because it was being sent to my
ex-fiance’shouse. Yup, that was a fun one, but they were able to fix it. Thank goodness.
- Returns- making returns are super easy, you can choose how you would like the return to be issued- merchandise credit or back to the original form of payment. They also take care of a shipping label for $8.99, free for merchandise credit returns, or if you’d like, you can make your own return label.
- App- long gone are the days of having to only online shop on a computer; they have an app. I actually prefer the app, it’s super simple to navigate and use.
- $1.99- there is a restocking fee of $1.99 per item should you return any items.
- Measurements- some of the clothing has measurements attached to the description of an item. Occasionally these measurements are not accurate.
- Not labeled- even if a pair of jeans has a label
init saying “highest rise skinny jeans” they do not list it, making it frustrating if you like a certain style of pants
Overall, I spend way too much money on thredUp because I absolutely love the company.