Secondhand, Shopping, Sustainable Fashion

Things I Can Never Find

There are some things I can just never find. At all. It doesn’t matter what thrift store I go to, which is why I usually thrift these pieces on thredUp. But sometimes even they don’t have what I want- well in my size anyways.

I will say that it is much harder to find items you like when you are over a size 8 and over a size Medium. After that point, it seems like there is a lack of styles and clothes to choose from when you are “mid-size”… so anywhere from 10-14 or Large to XLarge.

Anyways, here is the list of items I can never find in my size:

• Jeans that fit like a glove… I know this is a laughable dream. I can find jeans that fit, but the problem is I’m short. I’m barely 5’2 and my inseam is about a 24″. Which means I have to pay for alterations on top of paying for the jeans themselves. I was super excited when the frayed hem became popular because that was an easy fix.
  • Black Faux/Leather Motorcycle Jacket- I am forever in love with this style of jacket–thanks, Sandy. I have like a million pins of girls wearing this style of jacket. I love it so much, but I can never find one!
  • Black Over-the-Knee Boots- I’m not talking like Pretty Woman boots, but just a pair of faux/suede boots that go over my knee. That’s all I want.
  • Just about anything designer- Not that I care about labels, but it would be cool to find a designer purse or a clothing item. Although, I did find a pair of Mother denim jeans for $10 and for whatever reason, I left them at the thrift store. Yup. I left them

I’m sure there are plenty of other items I can’t find at the thrift store. But these are the ones that irk me considering I see other people finding them by the cart full on Instagram.