Navigate Generative AI with Confidence Before Finals Week!
The advent of generative AI has reshaped the educational landscape, merging the once-clear boundaries between student-crafted assignments and machine-generated content. In this new era, an educator’s role transcends imparting knowledge—it now includes mastering the intricacies of these sophisticated tools. Recognizing this essential need, the Learning and Teaching Center (LTC) cordially invites you to an encore presentation of, “Awareness and Detection of AI”, just in time for finals week! This workshop will equip you with the skills to discern between student ingenuity and generative AI’s craftiness while also fostering a culture of transparency and informed use of generative AI in coursework.
What Will Be Covered:
- Insights into the detection capabilities and limitations of generative AI in education and how to leverage campus supported tools
- Strategies for setting clear guidelines on generative AI use in student work
- Constructive approaches to encourage students to use generative AI as a learning aid, not a shortcut
- Date: November 29th, 2023
- Time: 3:15 to 4:30 p.m.
- Location: McGraw 19a or via Webex