Finding Your Style

The best way to find your style is to try out every type of photography style to start off with. This ranges from landscape photography to fashion photography to sports, editorial, architecture and so on. It is important to experiment with everything to find out where your strengths and weaknesses are. Once you have found something that your genuinely enjoy shooting, go from there and shoot as much as you can.

After you have found the style of the photographs you like taking, It is important to have a theme to your pictures. A lot of photographers focus on making their whole aesthetic look the same. You want to practice working on consistency.

Examples of themes revolve around how you edit your pictures.
I wont go into a lot of detail on editing on this blog because I will have a whole blog dedicated to that, but the way you edit your pictures should remain consistent throughout your whole portfolio.

Editing Styles Examples:

• Vintage
  • Cross-Processed
  • HDR
  • Black and White
  • Warm Black and White
  • High Contrast
  • Matte Finish
  • Timeless and Natural
  • Dark
  • Vibrant
  • Light
How to Edit This Photo Three Unique Styles in Seconds - Photoshop Actions  and Lightroom Presets | MCP Actions™
Personalised Wedding Photo: the relevance of a professional editing
Timeless Never Goes Out of Style - www.roxanneelisephotography.com

4 thoughts on “Finding Your Style”

1. I’ve taken a photography course before, specifically in the summer of 2018. I didn’t do too bad in the class but we weren’t graded that harshly in the first place. What I’m trying to get at is that I wasn’t the best at snapping photos. Nonetheless, I found your blog to be interesting because I have some background knowledge on the subject. While I’m no expert, it’s still nice to be able to relate to something new that you read. The organization of the post is done well and you incorporate photos well. Are the pictures in the blog your work? If not, I’d suggest using some photos that you took in order to create some transparency to your audience. If they are your work, disregard that and keep it up! Great job!

2. This is a super cool article. I don’t know much about photography but I like how you list so many different kinds. The examples you posted look super professional and keep me intrigued. I love how your blog looks overall and love the green theme going on. Great job Holly!

3. I personally am a major appreciator of art! I love to create art as well as admire the work of others! I used to be majorly into photography! But I felt I never really developed a style! If I ever were to get back into photography I would definitely follow your advice! Thanks for sharing I can’t wait to read next weeks post!

4. I love this idea! Finding out exactly what your style is, is the trial and error method. I love your ideas and can’t wait for the next to come out.