Background

Getting to Know: The Owners

Let’s take this week to get to know the amazing owners and creators of The Candle Mercantile: Liz Doyle and Leigh Ann Myers. These two are the co-owners of TCM, and are childhood best friends. They both left their stressful corporate America jobs to create a fun, new experience for Downtown Lake Geneva. They toyed around with a couple of different business ideas for a while, until they decided on candle pouring. Leigh Ann visited a similar concept store in Pittsburgh, and they loved the idea for Lake Geneva.  

I have loved nothing more than working for these two amazing women, who have not only opened a wonderful small business, but have also assembled a great team to help them along the way. Every time I come into work, I am excited to be a part of something so special.  The owners are always around or always within reach if you personally need anything, or if their help is needed at the shop. This is something I truly admire about the way they run their business. They are so involved and truly want the best for their employees and customers. They have created a fun, welcoming, and creative work environment that, to me, will be almost impossible to leave. Having such supportive bosses that I know I can reach out to with any issue, has been nothing short of amazing. And a nice side note, TCM is hiring! If you want to join this awesome team, do not hesitate to reach out with your interest! You can apply here!

3 Comments

• Samantha Kesich

Hearing about how involved the owners are and how strong their passion is for their job makes The Candle Mercantile seem like a great place to work and to visit!

• Jessica Conway

I’m glad that they found a business that suits them so well! It sounds like a fun shop and fun place to work as well! It sounds like an amazing experience to have that kind of relationship with your bosses, and it sounds like you’re learning a lot about how to make a great work environment!

• Katherine Houck

I love hearing stories about people leaving their jobs to pursue what they love! There’s always such a big expectation for people to stay within their career path because of money or stability or simply pressure. It’s great to see their hardwork and passion pay off.