Background

Getting to Know: Scent Rotation

Every season at The Candle Mercantile, a lot of the scents are switched in and out. So, if you come during the summer, you should come back during the fall to check out all of the new scents! There are a few classic scents that due to popularity stay out all year long, but there are also a wide variety that are swapped depending on the time of year. For example, a lot of floral and fruit scents are out currently for the spring and summer, where in the fall and winter those are tucked away. In the colder months, scents such as pumpkin souffle, mulled cider, autumn leaves, peppermint bark, sparkling snow, and Christmas tree come out! If you ever come back during a season in which your favorite scents aren’t out, we always have them tucked away and on hand for you to still pour with by request. Therefore, our 90+ scents is actually more like 120+!

I personally am a sucker for the fall and winter scents. I love the sweet and musky scents that fall and winter tend to bring. Therefore, coming back during every season is exciting because every time it is different! The owners also love to experiment with new scents, and tend to introduce completely new ones a couple times a year. This makes coming to TCM never the same exact experience! If you think you have done it once, so you do not have to do it again, TCM can prove you wrong. With the constant rotation of scents, everyone’s scent choices can alway be met.

2 Comments

• Samantha Kesich

This is good to know! I will definitely be going back there in the fall/winter time to make a different type of candle.

• Jessica Conway

The variety of scents available is so cool! I agree with you, I also prefer the scents of fall and winter. Cinnamon, pumpkin, and vanilla are some of my favorites for fall, and scents like pine and peppermint are great for winter. I think the plan of having those scents highlighted during their appropriate season, but then still available year round is a great method of helping the customer get what they really want!