Goal Setting

Fitness is all about goal setting. Set a number of miles you want to run in a workout, the amount of weight you want to lift in a set, or setting a calorie goal for yourself. If you take on too much at one time, you will most likely not follow through on it. Personally, I have tried running before in the past and pushed myself too hard. To the point where I would stop and get discouraged and stop all together. Taking small steps has been a huge help in my fitness and clean eating journey.

First, I started with trying to eat better. I did the 24-day challenge from AdvoCare. It jump started my clean eating. I also had to change my eating habits because I was having liver problems due to my diet. I had to cut carbs almost completely out of my diet. So I stopped drinking soda, cut out a lot of sugar, pasta, tacos (sad, I know) and started exercising more.

Here are some small changes you can make to help you with your diet/exercise regime:

• Go to the gym two to three times per week, or do whatever you are comfortable with
  • Go for a walk form 30 minutes two to three times per week.
  • Instead of going out to eat, find recipes that you enjoy and cook at home.
  • Drink coffee with less cream or substitue sugar for stevia.
  • Drinking more water and less soda! I cannot stress how important this is!
  • Cut your carbs in half. This is tough to do because you don’t realize how many carbs you actually do eat in a day. And they are in everything.

If you are just starting to make small changes, you will see big results! Do not get discouraged. Any change you make for yourself is a good change.  This is something I need to continue to tell myself. Results take time, but feeling good because of the good nutrients you put in your body happens almost instantly. So I challenge you to make at least one or two changes to benefit your health and the results will come!

-Brenna 🙂