With winter and the break in the MLB season until Spring, there are obviously talks about different rumors about players and managers throughout the league. I had recently received an email from the MLB Morning Lineup talking about 10 predictions that are bold within the league.
Here are those 10 predictions:
- Stephen Strasburg will sign with the Nationals
- Madison Bumgarner will sign with the Twins
- Anthony Rendon will sign with the Dodgers
- Josh Donaldson will sign with the Rangers
- The Padres will trade for Willson Contreras
- We will waste our time talking about Mookie Betts
- Marcell Ozuna will sign with the Reds (WHICH BETTER NOT HAPPEN)
- Didi Gregorius will sign with the Phillies
- No, silly, Gerrit Cole won’t sign yet
- There will be so much hot Rule 5 action
Some of these honestly surprised me. I hope #7 does not come true because the Cardinals need Ozuna. I never really got into learning more about other teams besides those in the NL Central, but it is interesting to see how teams are letting go of their best players and not extending their contracts. Guess that is just the world of baseball, but having some pretty big names on that list and hearing about who may get traded because they were not performing as good as the team as hoped, is still surprising. Guess we’ll have to wait and see how it goes!