Advice,  Lessons

#letmepencilyouin

Often times as young entrepreneurs, we find setting aside time for friends, family, life, or even eating to be a difficult time. I have always laughed at business people wearing low glasses or pencils in their buns who say, “I’ll just pencil you in” for a simple lunch break or family adventure. Until now, I never saw the value in penciling in my personal life and only reserved the date book for professional matters. I AM NOW A SCHEDULING QUEEN.

Being able to physically see the allotment of your time can be deeply beneficial for managing stress and not over-committing to any aspect of life. I, personally, even mark in my lunch breaks. If I don’t have it on the books, I will intrinsically feel like I am wasting valuable time I could be using for someone else. When I see I have preset that time for self-care and health, I feel less “guilty” for taking the time away from my to do list.

I also use these techniques for blocking out time for family. If I know my dad wants to go get breakfast, I will block a few hours on the selected day and spend the rest of the week arranging my to do list to fit my deadlines so I do not have to lose sight of the family who need me in that moment.

This may all seem a bit silly, but visually seeing your time commitments all together will allow you to breath easier knowing exactly where your free, work, and family time align side-by-side. This way your anxiety levels will go down and your productivity will be top-notch!

NOW GO UPDATE YOUR PLANNER YOU MOTIVATED ROYALTY YOU!