“Back to school, back to school to prove my dad I’m not a fool.” That’s right Warhawks, we are finally kicking school mode into gear. Love it or hate it, we have to accept it. May changes go along with a new school year. New …
Everyone’s on their fitness kick. Wither it’s your new year’s resolution to get back in the gym to get fit, or the fact that spring break is only 1 month away we are all trying to be committed to fitness. Self-motivation plays a big part, but when you have 10 friends pushing you along the way, it makes it that much easier to get in the gym and if they’re not pushing you, you are trying to own up to those 10 friends and prove them wrong.
In 40ish days, (who’s counting) I will be hitting the sandy beaches of Mexico for spring break with 5 of my best friends. Let me tell you, those 5 best friends have been my biggest motivation lately. Who doesn’t want a good spring break bod? In today’s reading I’m here to tell you on why the friends you work out with are the best friends you will ever have, and friends who exercise together get better results together.
1. They will be your biggest motivation. Wither it’s in the gym or when you’re having a meltdown, they will be there to push you and make sure you never give up on yourself. When you have someone who believes and motivates you, you are more likely to believe in yourself. Go best friend, that’s my best friend.
2. They won’t let you fail. The days you really want to order that pizza, or skip leg day. They won’t let you. Simple as that.
3. They won’t make you feel guilty about cheat days.
We all have them, let’s face it and most likely they will be the one sitting next to you eating that ice cream.
4. Friends make the gym tolerable. Having a workout buddy makes you laugh when you want to cry. Working out alone can seem miserable, but when you have your bff running and sweating like a pig next to you, it makes life in the gym that much more fun.
5. You will always have a spotter. Never again the days will come where you have to approach a random stranger and ask them to spot you. The days are long gone counting your own reps. RIP.
6. You’ll have a hot friend group. Working out with your squad means you will all look that much better on your big spring break trip or you will have that much more confidence in one another. Confidence is key. If you’re surrounded by people who feel active and eat well, there’s a good chance you’re going to do the same.
Just think how much money you are saving and how many unwanted calories you are avoiding by saying “yes” to exercise with a friend and “no” to happy hour.
I hope you learn. I hope you laugh. I hope you never stop. And remember being fit is always in style.