Netflix and Sweat?

I don’t know about you, but when I come home for break I do not have access to a gym. netflix-and-sweatThat means that the majority of my winter break consisted of watching Netflix on the couch. Now for a while this seemed to be just fine for me. But after a while I started to feel tired and out of energy. Then I thought, why not combine the two?! I could watch my favorite shows AND get a great workout in at the same time.

Something that I recently read about was to watch a TV show or movie and get in a great workout at the same time. The basic concept is that each time a character says a certain phrase or does something specific, you do a specific exercise. This way, you are able to stay entertained without losing track of your health and wellness goals. Another tip to maintain your healthy lifestyle is to have healthy snacks around when you are watching this show. Try to have some fruits and veggies around while you watch your show. You can either purchase these items and cut them yourself or you can buy pre-made platters that are just as good.

With everything going on in our lives, it is really important to remember to relax and take a break. It’s also important to make time for our personal wellness. The next time you realize you need to do both, give this fun combination a try!

|Stay motivated and don’t give up. Amazing things will happen|

Julia O’Connor