Stress Relief

Yoga for Stress Relief

Hello everybody and welcome back to my blog for a healthy lifestyle! This week I am going to talk about some benefits of yoga! I personally am never to yoga, but within the past couple of months, I have seen it’s benefits and used it to help myself relax and get a great stretch in!

First of all, there are plenty of benefits of doing yoga besides just stress relief! In the current uncertain time though, I am sure stress and anxiety for many people have increased and that is why I want to focus on that main benefit that yoga has. Other benefits include increased flexibility, improved muscle strength, improved athletic performance, and it can even improve your sleep quality!! These are only a couple of the benefits too, the list goes on for yoga!

I was skeptical about trying yoga in the beginning, mostly because I am not very flexible at all. However, if you do start with the beginning poses and work your way into more complex stuff it does help a lot! It is a little difficult in the beginning and I would say yoga definitely does still work up a little sweat, but overall I have found my experience to be rewarding for many reasons. I always feel significantly more relaxed and at peace after doing yoga. I especially like it because it has been a time for me to put my phone away for an hour or so and just take time for myself. Also, it has helped increase my flexibility greatly! One other thing I have also noticed that yoga has helped with is my core strength!

Below are some links to some beginning yoga videos that I found and liked! Hope you enjoy them! Be well!

6 Comments