The start of the Fall 2018 Semester is fast approaching, and I just wanted to highlight some important information about Turning Point.
- Turning Point 8. Starting with the Fall 2018 semester, we will be using Turning Point 8. The software will be installed on all PC and Mac classroom machines. If you want to install it on your laptop / desktop, you can download it from: https://www.turningtechnologies.com/downloads/turningpoint-desktop/
- Canvas Integration. Turning Point 8 has only been integrated with Canvas, and will not work with Desire2Learn. All Turning Point usage for the Fall 2018 semester should be done in Canvas.
- Registration Link. In Desire2Learn, we were able to add some global links for Turning Point device registration. In Canvas, we no longer have that option. Instructors will need to add a link into their course for the registration. There is a guide that walks through this process available at: https://spaces.uww.edu/x/VwOv
- User Guides / Video Tutorials. Turning Point has resources available that we have posted for you at: https://spaces.uww.edu/x/SIK
- Vendor Support. Turning Technologies offers Phone, Chat and Email support for students and instructors Monday – Friday from 7am to 8pm (Central Time).
- Course Roster Sync. With Turning Point 8 and Canvas, the course roster sync has been greatly improved – and now happens on a nightly basis! You will need to Publish your course before you can sync the course roster. The video below will walk through this in more detail and show some examples.
If you have questions regarding TurningPoint, please contact the UW-W Learning Technology Center.