Welcome back to the Fall 2015 Semester! While there was not a big Desire2Learn (D2L) upgrade this summer, we were busy with a number of changes.
Amy Williams is now the new Desire2Learn Site Administrator. She will be available to help answer any questions and support issues. Please continue to use the D2L Support Form to report your problems.
There were also a few significant fixes for D2L:
- Content items made in files such as Articulate, Adobe Captivate, iSpring, and Adobe Presenter now display correctly. Service Pack 20 corrected an issue where these files displayed very small.
- Images saved to discussion posts no longer appear as broken links.
- YouTube videos are now able to be embedded into HTML Content pages using the Insert Stuff tool.
For a full list of fixes from the summer, see: D2L Service Update (6/25).
The following new service offerings and enhancements are also available:
- Cisco WebEx: D2L Integration
- Important/Exporting Calendars. Documentation on both importing and exporting on our Instructional Resources wiki.
- A detailed explanation of what integrations with D2L are available, and how to request new integrations can be found at: D2L Integrations.
- The D2L homepage now contains an “Instructor Tutorials” widget underneath the “Instructor Resources” widget. Here you can find links to new and updated tutorials found on our Instructional Resources wiki.
We have numerous resources available if you need assistance with D2L.
- Check our YouTube channel for instructor D2L tutorials.
- Fill out a D2L Support form.
- Find step-by-step information on how to do common tasks in D2L from documentation provided by D2L and on our Instructional Resources wiki.
- We offer a D2L walk-in clinic from 2:00 – 4:00PM every Friday. Stop in with your questions or challenges! We can be found in McGraw 120.
If you have not already done so, don’t forget to request for your Fall 2015 Courses! Courses requested by 3pm on business days will be available the following morning.
Good luck with the beginning of the semester! If you have any questions or concerns regarding any of these points, please do not hesitate to contact UW-W Desire2Learn Support.