On Thursday, June 25, Desire2Learn deployed Service Pack 20 to our D2L Learning Environment. In this latest update, the following fixes and enhancements were included:
- Fix: In some cases, when using the Classlist tool to print a list of users, a blank page is printed instead of the list. Users can now successfully print a list from their browser.
- Fix: In some cases, when you view a content topic in a new window without the navigation pane, you might not be able to use the vertical scroll bar to scroll to content further down the page. Content viewed in a new window now can use the vertical scroll bar as expected.
- Fix: In some cases, Adobe SCORM content displayed significantly smaller than expected. Content now displays as expected.
- Fix: In some cases, content topics made in Adobe Captivate appeared to flicker as a result of changes in the rendering height and width. Content topics made in Adobe Captivate now display without any rendering issues and without any flicker.
- Fix: Some SCORM objects lost their association to a grade object during Copy Course Components. SCORM objects no longer lose that association.
- Fix: Some release conditions based on learning objective achievements were not correctly copied as a part of course components; however, the course copy status indicated that the copy was successful. You can now successfully copy these release conditions to other courses.
- Fix: In some cases, images successfully saved to discussion posts appeared as broken links. Images are now saved to a separate course files directory rather than the temp directory.
- Fix: If you created a new Group Category in the Groups tool with the discussion or forum visibility set to hidden, you were still able to configure the group to auto-create discussion topics. The links no longer cause a group error if group discussions are hidden.
- Fix: In some cases, it was possible to create discussion posts without a subject. These posts without a subject were not accessible from the Reading View because there was no link. These posts now appear as <No Subject> in the Reading View with a valid link you can click to open the discussion.
- Fix: If Quicklinks were used in emails, these links are relative and do not work for users receiving emails in external accounts. These relative links are replaced with full links so that users receiving email to external accounts are able to click the links as expected.
- Fix: When an Internet Explorer 11 user entered a lengthy answer in a quiz, a horizontal scroll bar appeared on the text field. Lengthy answers now wrap several lines without the horizontal scroll bar.
If you have any questions or concerns about the service pack updates, please contact UW-W D2L Support.