Self-love

Hello all!

My name is Ashley, I recently turned 23 and I am a graphic design major with a minor in advertising. I am attending UW-Whitewater; this is going to be my last semester. I am an only child, to a single mother. I am needing a little self-love/T.L.C and I thought using my blog post assignment for my Social Media Optimization class was a perfect opportunity to multitask; something graphic designers have to be really good at. 

This blog is going to be a little different than most blogs. I am using this page for personal growth and discovery, almost like a journal. At the beginning of Covid-19, I called off an engagement that I had been in for a year and a half. I am no longer with the person for many reasons, but one of the big ones is because I lost the fun and outgoing person I used to be. I was sad and lonely even though it was supposed to be the happier years of my relationship. I’ve decided I am going to use these next few months to push myself out of my comfort zone to find my likes and dislikes again. I am seeing someone new who is really amazing, but I don’t want to fall into the same pattern of adopting their likes/dislikes. I need to learn to have opinions again. The first step in growth is admitting a problem. I will mostly be posting new adventures, food, and some self-love topics. I will also be sharing some Instagram posts here throughout the semester if you want to keep updated with me there as well. So here I am, putting myself out here on a blog for all my classmates and the world to see. I think that counts as my first “pushing myself out of my comfort zone” task, wouldn’t you. agree? The next step to this process of finding myself is coming soon so stay tuned and wish me luck!

One Comment

• Meaghan O'Hara

I LOVE THIS! You go girl, love yourself!
    One of the biggest lessons I have learned in my college life is that you will never truly be happy until you learn to fully love and accept yourself for who you are. Accepting that we all have faults, and embracing our true identity can be LIFE CHANGING. I wish you the upmost journey of self discovery, you’re beautiful, strong, and worth it :).