Updates to my blog

I have made a couple minor changes to my blog. Some are obvious and you cannot miss them, while others might take some exploration.

One change I really wanted to make was the color scheme. I really wanted to make the colors more vibrant and fun to look at. So I took away the picture I originally had on the left hand side background and changed it to pink and orange to brighten it up. I also like the idea of a simple background and the plain colors do just that. These colors will definitely draw the eye of the reader to visit many of my stories.

Something else that I added was the calendar. This can be seen at the bottom of the home page. Not only is it kind of nice to see when something was updated and how it relates to that week in time. But also the calendar shows that I keep up on  my blog every week! Now that I have established some of my viewers I want to keep them coming back and that is just one way to show why my blog is a good choice.

The last page that I added was a photo gallery. In my about me section I mentioned how much I loved to travel. I wanted to back this up by proving some evidence. I don’t just go to Walmart to explore but I have been all over our country and a few other countries as well. I hope to keep this updated in order to have readers see where else I have traveled.

Many of the articles I read about for this week really gave me some great tips but I found that many of them had already applied to my blog. Some were on purpose but many were applied completely by chance. I hope to keep discovering more ways to draw in and keep the reader.

2 thoughts on “Updates to my blog”

1. I really like the pink and orange color scheme! They were my parent’s wedding colors and look very nice together. Your blog looks warm and inviting.

The calendar was a nice touch. It helps to really see when you last updated your blog and can help to pinpoint a post if you know about when you posted it.

I don’t see a link to the photo gallery? I feel like it’s probably right in front of me and I keep overlooking it. Ha!