In this blog, all I have talked about it balancing your life during the week with school, homework, a job, and many other things. In this post I’m going to talk about how weekends should be your time to kick back, relax, or go out (if you want).

Remembering to take time for yourself slips your mind a little bit, so I’m going to challenge you to something. After 11:59pm Friday night, close your laptop and don’t open it until Sunday. Now, you might be saying “24 hours… without my laptop?”, yes. Take a whole day to reset, renew your thoughts, go out, see your family & friends. It is SO important to have time to yourself, and not have your mind going about school 24/7. Out minds get tired, we get tired, so having that time to recharge your battery is so important.

Whether its going out with friends, or sitting in at home watching a movie, it is so important to do something other than lay in bed all day on the weekend. The point is – do something you ENJOY.

Another thing that could be helpful is you are burnt out is putting your phone down for a day, or even just a few hours. I think that it is underestimated how much energy it takes to be involved in social media, or answering to calls & texts all day, everyday. For me personally, sometimes I take apps off my phone for a couple days. Social media can be toxic in some ways, and it is good to detox every once in a while.

Remembering to take time for yourself is just as important as remembering to turn your homework in on time.

8 thoughts on “The Weekend: What you Should really be doing on the Weekends”

1. This is a great reminder about disconnecting from technology and work and reconnecting with ourselves. I also love that you said that “remembering to take time for yourself is just as important as remembering to turn your homework in on time.” I completely agree.

2. This was an awesome article to read as we as students forget to take time away from our electronics and just focus in the present. We get so stressed out as students and we need to be better about focusing on ourselves. This article was very helpful, especially considering that finals week is coming soon and graduation is ahead for many!

3. This is always really good to remember. I force myself to take Saturday’s off but that is also because that is the only day I don’t have to work or go to school. It really helps me relax and have fun and it gives me something to look forward to at the end of the week. I mainly try to hang out with my friends and sleep in. I also really need to work on staying off of electronics and give my mind a rest.

4. I really enjoy this idea of a technology sabbath on the weekend. It helps us to reset our minds from the information overload that is constantly bombarding us.

Great post!

5. I think taking some time away from technology and social media is well needed, at least for me! I’ve found that since I stopped going on social media I have been less likely to procrastinate and I have spent more time doing things I enjoy that are productive. It is so important to take time for yourself, and you described this perfectly in your post!

6. In the last couple of months, I have gotten a lot better at taking time for myself during the weekends. I have found that if I get all my work done during the week I can relax during the weekends and it really helps me to destress. With the weather starting to get warmer I hope to spend more time outside as I find it to be really relaxing.

7. Over the last few months, I have learned how to take time for myself and relax during the weekends. I try to get all of my work done during the week so that I can take a few days doing what I love! I have really enjoyed your blog and I think you did a great job on it!

8. I have been stressed to the max these past two weeks. 11 assignments in one week are not sitting well with my brain. I do need to get out, relax, take a deep breath, and space it out. I like to get things done. If things are due on Friday or Sunday in a class, it is getting done much earlier in the week. This creates a lot of stress on me to accomplish everything in one or two days. This was a great reminder to take time away from technology, and just go have fun! Great post and thank you for the reminder(: