As a fellow college student, I know the funds are normally a bit tight. It almost feels like no matter how much or long you work for, you still are ballin’ on a budget and that’s totally okay. My thought for this post is to share some cheap and fun things my friends and I do that always create the best memories. Here are some things that I do with my friends to have fun (& that don’t cost a lot of money.

• Coffee study dates: We all have homework, right? Going to a local coffee shop and just getting a coffee and working on homework can be fun, if you go with the right people
  • Going out: for those of age, checking the local bars for nights with drink deals is always a win for us. Something thats normally expensive, but can be cheap
  • Going to Target: As a 21-year-old girl, I love target. Just going with my friends and looking around is fun to me (even if I don’t buy anything)
  • Ice cream dates: McDonald’s has $1 sundaes – take advantage of it!
  • Movie nights: You don’t always have to go out to have fun, stay in and watch a movie, make some popcorn or get some snacks

Always remember to take advantage of your students discounts too (as I’ve mentioned in my previous posts). Having fun doesn’t always have to cost a fortune (or any money at all). I always tell myself “it’s not about what you’re doing with your time, its about who you are spending your time with”. If you’re with the right people, you’ll always have a good time.

10 thoughts on “Cheap Thrills: Having Fun doesn’t Always Have to be Expensive”

1. I liked how you called this post cheap thrills! It gets to be super expensive being a student so I loved how you gave some ways to enjoy some fun without spending a lot of money. I especially love the Target tip, I love Target!! Great job, looking forward to reading more from you.

2. These are some great ideas to affordably have fun! Sometimes, even the simple things, like a Target run or McDonald’s ice cream, can help your mental health and reduce stress!

3. I really enjoyed reading this post! I do believe that it is important to make fun of what you have. Like you said, if you have a lot of homework to do, go to a coffee shop, grab some coffee, and start grinding. It is important to also know your budget as a college student as well, and I think these are great ideas for things to do!

4. I really enjoyed reading this post! I do believe that it is important to make fun of what you have. Like you said, if you have a lot of homework to do, go to a coffee shop, grab some coffee, and start grinding. It is important to also know your budget as a college student as well, and I think these are great ideas for things to do!

5. I look forward to what you post every week and you’ve done it again with another fun and relatable post! Love all your advice and ideas in this post, super helpful for all college students!

6. Sometimes going out and having fun is so daunting just because of how expensive everything is. This was a really cool post as it touches on ways to have fun that won’t break the bank. Being in your 20s feels like you’re constantly being told to make the most of it but also being reminded to save. It’s overwhelming to try and balance both. Cheap thrills are definitely more appreciated because of this! It’s more so about the company than the activity anyway.

7. Balling on a budget is ideal, especially for college students! I have definitely utilized some of these tips such as looking for deals at the bars when they are available. Also, McDonalds ice cream is elite, especially for how cheap it is! Another cheap option is the movie theater in Whitewater as most of the days they have 5 dollar movie nights!

8. I really like the ideas you mention in this post! I feel like my friends and I are always looking for new things to do so I will be trying these. I think you make a great point by saying “it’s not about what you’re doing with your time, its about who you are spending your time with” because it’s 100% true. If you’re with the right people anything can be fun. I really liked this post since I feel like a lot of college students are in the same place with this issue.

9. I have always been a fan of coffee study dates. That or grabbing a bite to eat with your friends while doing homework. I think it can be productive if you stay on track. If you don’t however, it can cause you to fall behind because you are too excited to see your friends and talk about all the drama in your life. We all get carried away sometimes, or most of the time. It can definitely help you to destress when you are surrounded by your support group though. I think these are great ideas for someone on a budget.